Default SL 400 Low Tower Racks 3d Printed Plug

All,

We just got a new SL 400 and wanted to remove the lower tower racks. We took them off easy enough but it left a nasty hole in the nice black tower. I contacts Skies Choice but they said plugs are only available for the top racks (because the lower ones are standard...dumb reason. I went ahead and created a plug than can be 3d printed and I figured I would share. Its a tight fit...ended up sanding it down a little but looks great once installed.

Enjoy - let me know if you have questions

BTW - First post - super excited about the boat!

SupraPlug.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jkaero; 07-12-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Nice job. What are you doing for racks if you removed the lower ones?

Did you buy a boat with upper and lower racks?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Racks are going to sit in the house unused (no upper racks either). We are using the boat mostly for surfing so the canopy holders and the compartment in the back is enough (at least for now). We surf / board close to the house and only bring what we need most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jkaero View Post
    Racks are going to sit in the house unused (no upper racks either). We are using the boat mostly for surfing so the canopy holders and the compartment in the back is enough (at least for now). We surf / board close to the house and only bring what we need most of the time.
    Got it.

Most people assume the upper and lower are the same mounts, they are not. PTM designed different mounts, but the same mounts on the 2018-2020 models. I found out last fall they did not sell the lower plugs and when I purchased the newer 2019 style board racks and noticed the mounts were different.
    2018 Supra SL400

You should sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk