Default 2014 SA450 Pickle Fork Surf Wave Help

Hey All,

I'm looking or advice from anyone who owns a SA on dialing in the surf wave. I have a 2014 with the hard tanks and also the plug in play soft bags in the rear and the bow. I have tried every combo possible as filling the ballast including filling everything and adding a 750 bag on the rear seat and having 6 people in the boat. Has anyone accomplished a tall pushy wave with pickle fork SA?

Hey, noticed that no one has responded to the post so figured I'd offer some help. Unfortunately I don't have experience with that generation SA, but have been in a lot of other similar year boats. How much ballast does that that amount to, and how are you setting it up as far as what bags are filled to what capacity, and what speed? Most pre-2016 boats like some list favoring the surf side. Curious if you have tried putting some extra weight on the surf side. If not, I would try to fill everything to 100% and then pickup some lead bags (around 500 lbs) and try moving it around to get a clean wave, starting with all 500 on the surf side of the boat as far back and over as you can get it. My guess is that loaded up with some list/lean to the surf side should help. The goal is to get a feel for how much pitch and roll your boat likes, then just throw weight at it keeping those similar angles. If it's still washy, drain a bit out of the non surf side until it cleans up. You may also need to take a bit out of the front unless you have a decent crew all in the back.