Default Adding two speakers to tower bar

I have a sr400 2020 and added two more speakers to tower bar that match the speakers on boat already had plug in place plugged speakers in but no sound but lights work any suggestions would be great.

Not uncommon for unused tower speakers wire to not be connected to the amp. No need to have then live. May be bundled up under the tower base. Not sure what amp Supra uses for their tower setups, but it may be an amp setting configuration, since it left the factory with only 2 pods.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

The Supra FX one towers are partially wired for second set of speakers and the wires are not run to the factory amp and you likely need a bigger amp to drive 4 JL 8.8 towers.

The wiring runs down the port side of boat and can be reached from inside the doghouse.

When you find the speaker connectors in the doghouse area, you will need to run two more sets of wires from those connectors to the amp.

My guess is you have a 400/4 amp running your two tower speakers and will need either another 400/4 or change to an 800/8 to add the new set of speakers.

This was true on a 2018, not sure about the 2020 amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Arizona; 07-15-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Adam,

Did you get your issue resolved?

No I was not able to find the wires needed to hook to the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by adam schindler View Post
    No I was not able to find the wires needed to hook to the amp.
    Do you have a large enough amp to run the second set of speaker’s. In other words, what size amp is running your first set of tower speakers?

BTW, did you buy your second set of speakers from the dealer?

The boat has a 4I/400 and a 8I/800 amp and yes I did buy the speakers from a dealer.

The boat has a 4I/400 and a 8I/800 amp and yes I did buy the speakers from a dealer.
    You will need to replace the 4/400 to a 8/800 to run 4 towers.

Larry

would you be able to tell me where the speaker wires are located that I plugged the new speakers into I am having trouble locating them. thanks Adam

Larry

would you be able to tell me where the speaker wires are located that I plugged the new speakers into I am having trouble locating them. thanks Adam

This is looking into the doghouse from the bow entrance

Chase the purple and white wires from your tower amp down the starboard side of the doghouse rearward of the doghouse opening of the passenger helm seat.