Default Looking for 1989 Supra Sunsport Side Windows

Rebuilt my 1989 Supra Sunsport...anyone have a parts boat or source for the side vent windows? I need both left and right vent windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtydriver View Post
    Rebuilt my 1989 Supra Sunsport...anyone have a parts boat or source for the side vent windows? I need both left and right vent windows.
    I have the same boat and need a left vent window and hardware. Did you find a source? Thx!

I am also in need of a left side window for a 1989 TS6M Comp. Has anyone found a source for these? I need the glass, the metal strip along the rear edge and the T handle that attaches to the glass. Any suggestions?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by ncts6m View Post
    I am also in need of a left side window for a 1989 TS6M Comp. Has anyone found a source for these? I need the glass, the metal strip along the rear edge and the T handle that attaches to the glass. Any suggestions?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/254914305135

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

This is the product I used to replace the window vent handle. It works. However, be prepared to drill out the aluminum (thankfully) rivets that affix the original bracket to the window frame. Note that the replacement bracket does NOT line up with the existing holes, but it is close. I used self-tapping screws to affix the new bracket with great success.

Side note, the metal retaining ring that secures the plastic "nub" to the actual window is a huge pain to get off.

As far as replacing the window itself is concerned, you will probably have to get a local glass shop to cut you a replacement.

Thanks for sharing your experience and tips on replacing the side windows for the 1989 Supra Sunsport. It's always helpful to hear firsthand accounts and advice from fellow enthusiasts. I've been considering some upgrades for my own car, including tinting the windows for safety reasons. While browsing for solutions, I came across Snap Shades (https://snapshades.com/), which offers convenient and effective in-car sun protection. Their products caught my attention, and I'm excited to give them a try. As a new member of this forum, I look forward to engaging with the community and learning from all of you.