Thread: 1987 Supra TS6M

Default 1987 Supra TS6M

522 Hours! Stored on covered hoist summers, indoors winters. Comes with 94 Shoreland'r inboard trailer with side guides. Also includes never installed used Joystick single hoop folding wakeboard tower. Clean papers for both. Great entry level inboard!

The Good:
    -Low Hours super strong 351W Ford by PCM/Velvet Drive direct drive trans.
    -Everything works except the clock.
    -Gelcoat very good for 1987, with only a few scratches and missing decals
    -Kenwood BT/iPod/iPhone/Android/CD.
    -MB Quart 6.5" speakers (4)
    -USB/Aux In/Charging in dash.
    -Good custom mooring cover.
    -Many recent updates/repairs including:
    *Starter
    *Oil pan gasket
    *Spark plugs
    *Dist Cap
    *Rotor
    *Plug wires
    *Pertronix Ignition upgrade (no more points)
    *Flamethrower Coil
    *Fuel Pump
    *Fresh Holley carb rebuild
    *New Bilge Pump
    *New raw H2O impeller and all oils and filters every season

The Bad:
    -Vinyl shows it's age, but hangs in there with a few rips and bad seams. (see pics)
    -The rudder port leaks and needs new packing and seals. (I dealt with this by installing a new bilge pump and leaving it on auto, as it only leaks when you ride slow and bow high and water pressure is directly aimed at the rudder.)
    -One of the tracking fins is bent from before I owned it. (see pic) It does not leak and has never bothered me or performance, so I never tried fixing it.
    -The name plastered across the side has never been my taste, but I'm afraid to peel it off and still see it as a result of sun fade.
    -The trailer tires are probably from 1994, but I only go to the launch twice a year. There is no spare, and the orange fender marker lights don't work, but it will get you home.

Overall, this is a good boat to get on the water this year, and then maybe do an interior and/or vinyl wrap in the future to bring it into fashion. As a slalom boat it kicks butt! I'm only selling rather than update as I found the right deal on a newer boat.

$6500/obo Test drives available while it is still in the water (face coverings required). I would like to sell before I am on vacation starting 8/1 and put my new boat on the hoist. Will pull from water either way then. Honeoye, NY 14471

S tringers
    U ndereath
    P robably
    R otten
    A lready

How are the floor and stringers? Asking for a friend.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    S tringers
    U ndereath
    P robably
    R otten
    A lready

How are the floor and stringers? Asking for a friend.

Haha! Funny guy. I've read a lot of your posts. The floor is solid. I had the motor out to change the oil pan gasket this spring and removed the engine mount lag screws. They tightened back up when I put it back in, but I was gentle about it. When you stick your finger in the drain holes in the stringers you can feel the rotten wood just around the holes. So, still some life left, but like any boat of the era, a hull split is in it's future. I have an 89 Switzer Sk175 split in my garage right now. That's a full balsa core hull that's going back together with Divinycell and Coosa instead. Makes putting stringers in these Supras look easy.

Here's a link to the ad with pics:
    https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/b...163993965.html

Sold! Thanks for all the help while I owned it forum members.