I am redoing the stringers on my 85 Supra Sunsport skier and had a few questions (see below). My goal for the rebuild is to remove and replace existing stringers with wood and fiberglass, add a PNP ballast setup and have a boat that runs and is structurally sound. Original I wanted to do a full restore, but after reading through the threads and seeing some of the amazing jobs people have done and seeing how much time and extra money they had into a full restore, im just not to enthused. I would rather just have something I can wakeboard and surf behind and not worry about any of the cosmetics. I'll add some of the pictures I've taken for some reference.

1. Fiberglass for stringers:. I know the normal is the 1708 or 1208 biaxial cloth, but I have probably +50lbs of 6oz fiberglass cloth scraps from building surfboards and paddle boards. Would it be bad to layer the 6oz glass in, instead of purchasing new biaxial cloth? Plan on using Doug fir or microlam for stringer materials and it looks like 3/4 plywood?. I was thinking the wood is the majority of the strength so the clothes purpose was more for locking the stringers in place and "water proofing".
1A. Since this is the Kevlar hull do I put a foam spacer between the stringers and hull or should they be glass directly to the hull?

2. Rear Locker: Any ideas how to make the rear locker removable? Is it safe to just cut it out. I'm guessing I will want to use some of the space for ballast. Also, I would really like easy access to the gas tank and transom for possible future needs.

3. Boat motor: never had this boat on the water but I fired it up when I purchased it 7 years ago. Prior to that is sat for 10 years. Any ideas on how much a new/used motor would cost if needed.

4. Putting back together:. My biggest concern is not being able to put the boat back together after the stringers are finished. I do all my own vehicle maintenance and repairs. Should someone with those capabilities be able to put a boat together. Seemed to come apart fairly easy lol, but there was a lot of wires. I snipped the bilge wire because I couldn't figure out how they had it ran in with everything.