Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for sharing your project, I look forward to updates. I have nothing of value to add but I like seeing stringer threads because my Saltare still has original stringers and I know it'll eventually need them replaced.

I have been held up due to weather and am now debating if it's worth fixing this boat up. I am assuming at the very lowest I would be able to have a useable boat for $1000, but since the motor has been sitting for so long, there is a high chance for additional costs which could range from another $1000-2000. So the cost range could be $1000-3000 to have a good boat. Obviously, the cost to restore could be much higher, but I am just looking at the boat as a solid shell and good motor. I can afford a newer boat. There are a few V drives in the area in the $15- $25k. There should be more deals coming on the market as fall gets closer also. Any thoughts or suggestions on if I should finish the restore and risk the additional expenses and headaches, or just buy a newer boat would be appreciated.

Where is the boat located?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Central Minnesota

I decided to buy a newer boat instead, so there is a guy coming to pick this one up Saturday. Feel free to delete the thread, as I don't think it really has any valuable information