Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JenLightly View Post
    Looks great, nice work! I'm now thinking of my half busted ladder and thinking it may be time for something better...
    Thanks!! Well worth the effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you look into covers yet?

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Did you look into covers yet?

I haven’t yet. Any recommendations?

Definitely a difference with the new platform. The wave doesn’t even hit the new platform and parallels the angle of the platform by a few inches.

@turbinesurgeon. So where do I get the brackets I would need for my 08 22V Sunsport? Just to raise it a bit, like you said before.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    @turbinesurgeon. So where do I get the brackets I would need for my 08 22V Sunsport? Just to raise it a bit, like you said before.
    I purchased the bracket that mounts to your boat directly from my Supra dealer. Part number is 113118
    The brackets that mount to the deck I got from Great Lakes Skipper part 114274 but it can be ordered from the dealer too.

Now the part that mounts to the boat is pitched at 3degrees and the arms are pitched at 103 degrees. My original bracket on the boat appears to be 0 degrees and the arms are 93 degrees. This is why I had to make the wedge piece to make the correct angle. It came out exactly like the old one. Now if you are mounting the new brackets to the old platform then it may not give you the desired height your looking for. I say this because the new platform is flat on the bottom and the old on has a lip that hangs down. You might get an inch higher. The other thing to consider is my boat is a 2006 so I don’t know if they changed transom angles in 2008. Worst case is measure it all up and if it won’t work send the parts back.

You can also make a spacer under your original platform if all you want to do is raise it up. If you want to get rid of the problematic mounts then I suggest the new ones.

Hope this helps ya.

I’m curious what the total cost was for this project? It would be awesome if someone was making an aftermarket option to do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_289 View Post
    I’m curious what the total cost was for this project? It would be awesome if someone was making an aftermarket option to do this...

Around $1400. The worst part was the $450 SeaDek pad. Next time I’ll go directly through SeaDek instead of SC