Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New swim platform mod

Just got the new swim platform back from the body shop with the matching gel coat. SC made the platform to best match my 24v transom. Ordered the new pad from SC as well as the new style brackets. Hopefully they don’t take long to get. The old brackets are 100 degrees and the new ones are 103. Shouldn’t make a noticeable difference. I’ll have to fill the holes in the transom and drill new ones for the new brackets. This should also raise the platform at least one inch as well. Can’t wait to ditch the old set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Post up some pics when you get it mounted.

2018 Supra SL400

Got the new pad. Way over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Got the new pad. Way over priced.

Looking better and better. Yea, overpriced, but we own wake boats, tell me something that is not.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Looking better and better. Yea, overpriced, but we own wake boats, tell me something that is not.
    So true

Anyone know if there is an aftermarket swim platform for Supra 24 launch that has a telescoping ladder available

So SC makes brackets that attached to the swim platform at different angles. I purchased the 103 degree angle brackets off Great Lakes skipper to save a few buck since I didn’t want to annoy the parts guy looking up every model boat. My boat is pitched at 93 degrees. I cut down an old set of receiver brackets I had laying around. I just needed a 1/2” gap at the top. Works like a champ and I can still use the top screw holes to mount it separately from the new bracket. Cut it with a bandsaw.

All done. So well worth the effort.

I love that new platform! Nice work. With the different angled brackets you can get, could I just change the angle of my stock platform to help with the surf wave, or would that look weird then? 2008 22V Sunsport
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    I love that new platform! Nice work. With the different angled brackets you can get, could I just change the angle of my stock platform to help with the surf wave, or would that look weird then? 2008 22V Sunsport
    Thanks. Installing the new brackets in the same place as the old ones instantly raised the platform about 2” just the way the new brackets work. So if you swap out brackets I’d recommend using the same angle. Plus I think it’d look a little goofy if the platform was pitched up. You could probably find a bracket that’s pretty close to the same angle.