Hybrid View

Update. Took it out today. It started running rough around 3000rpms after a couple of hours on the lake. Same as it did showing a quarter of a tank. This time it had about 3 quarters of a tank. After it started, if I back off the throttle below 2500 rpms, no issue...... I checked the fuel feed pipe and it looks good. The screen on the end is clean and cracks.....????

Quote Originally Posted by dpike View Post
    Update. Took it out today. It started running rough around 3000rpms after a couple of hours on the lake. Same as it did showing a quarter of a tank. This time it had about 3 quarters of a tank. After it started, if I back off the throttle below 2500 rpms, no issue...... I checked the fuel feed pipe and it looks good. The screen on the end is clean and cracks.....????
    What is a fuel feed pipe? Do you mean the high pressure line coming from the pump to the throttle body or the feed line from the tank to the pump? What screen are you talking about? In the tank? Did you change the fuel filter yet? Mine did not originally have one so I plumbed one in.

I'm changing the fuel filter today. The fuel feed line is the line inside the tank. It has a screen on the bottom of the pipe for trash I assume.

I'm changing the fuel filter today. The fuel feed line is the line inside the tank. It has a screen on the bottom of the pipe for trash I assume.
    Hopefully that does the trick. If, not you will need to get more in depth on the troubleshooting. You really need to check fuel pressure at the schrader valve located on the high pressure fuel line, but you will need a gauge. It could possibly be the TPS, MAP sensor, ignition control module etc. I bought a scanner for mine this year to check for codes and view live data while its running. $500.00 bucks thru Rinda Technologies. They make an inexpensive code reader also for $60.00. You will need to get the list of codes off the net to see what may be stored in the computer. I keep cars,boats, motorcycles a long time, so it was worth it to me to buy the scanner. One trip to the dealer would be a whole lot more than that.
    You may also have a really crappy batch of gas that needs to be burned out.

Thanks for all the help. Stupid question. Where is the hook up for the scanner located?

Thanks for all the help. Stupid question. Where is the hook up for the scanner located?
    The scanner hookup is on the back of the engine (toward the bow since you have a V-drive). It’s a multiwire connector with a waterproof cap on it. FYI,
    an automotive scanner will not work on these.

See photo. The one plug in my hand is a fuse holder and the one by my thumb is the diagnostic connector.IMG_3334.jpg

The code reader you referred to, is it pretty small called winky blinky? lol