Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dpike View Post
    I'm changing the fuel filter today. The fuel feed line is the line inside the tank. It has a screen on the bottom of the pipe for trash I assume.
    Hopefully that does the trick. If, not you will need to get more in depth on the troubleshooting. You really need to check fuel pressure at the schrader valve located on the high pressure fuel line, but you will need a gauge. It could possibly be the TPS, MAP sensor, ignition control module etc. I bought a scanner for mine this year to check for codes and view live data while its running. $500.00 bucks thru Rinda Technologies. They make an inexpensive code reader also for $60.00. You will need to get the list of codes off the net to see what may be stored in the computer. I keep cars,boats, motorcycles a long time, so it was worth it to me to buy the scanner. One trip to the dealer would be a whole lot more than that.
    You may also have a really crappy batch of gas that needs to be burned out.

Thanks for all the help. Stupid question. Where is the hook up for the scanner located?

Thanks for all the help. Stupid question. Where is the hook up for the scanner located?
    The scanner hookup is on the back of the engine (toward the bow since you have a V-drive). It’s a multiwire connector with a waterproof cap on it. FYI,
    an automotive scanner will not work on these.

See photo. The one plug in my hand is a fuse holder and the one by my thumb is the diagnostic connector.IMG_3334.jpg

The code reader you referred to, is it pretty small called winky blinky? lol

Also, if the engine is getting to hot, could it cause this issue? Mine seems to run around 180-185.

Yes, that is the code reader.

Also, if the engine is getting to hot, could it cause this issue? Mine seems to run around 180-185.
    Anything is possible, but I doubt thats the problem. These engines came with a 160° thermostat. It could be running a little warm, or the gauge is not accurate. 180-190 should not throw any codes or put the engine in reduced power mode.

Ok. Thank you. I forgot to say that right before it started bogging down this last time, it started having a heavy vibration on accelerating but would stop after easing back on the throttle. It had a similar vibration when I bought it, replaced the prop and it went away. Any ideas?

Ok. Thank you. I forgot to say that right before it started bogging down this last time, it started having a heavy vibration on accelerating but would stop after easing back on the throttle. It had a similar vibration when I bought it, replaced the prop and it went away. Any ideas?
    Hmmm. Why did you replace the prop before? Did you hit something? What does the prop look like? Any damage? Did you check the prop shaft to see if it was bent? You could possibly have a misalignment problem, but it wouldn't have gotten better with a new prop. I think there's something going on with the engine causing the bogging/vibration.