Default Supra SA Height with Tower Up

Anyone know the total height of a newer SA with tower up sitting on the trailer? Trying to arrange overhead lights and door layout for a detached garage. Looking like I will have about 10’8” of clearance but not sure that’s enough. I can get another 4” if I offset lights and run my doors all the way to the ceiling, but hoping I don’t have to. Boat will only be there a handful of times as we keep it at the lake, but like to bring it home on occasion. 2021 SA but would think it’s close to 16 or newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty75 View Post
    Anyone know the total height of a newer SA with tower up sitting on the trailer? Trying to arrange overhead lights and door layout for a detached garage. Looking like I will have about 10’8” of clearance but not sure that’s enough. I can get another 4” if I offset lights and run my doors all the way to the ceiling, but hoping I don’t have to. Boat will only be there a handful of times as we keep it at the lake, but like to bring it home on occasion. 2021 SA but would think it’s close to 16 or newer.

Looks like you need 11’4” tower up on the trailer.

Last edited by Larry Arizona; 08-16-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    Looks like you need 11’4” tower up on the trailer.

Awesome thanks man. Boats seems to keep getting taller. Looks like if I run my 48” leds parallel with the trusses and set them up in the stud space flush to Sheetrock I will have 11’7”. Assuming the tower lines up behind the Garage door in the up position.

Thanks again for the info

Since this is a threat regarding towers, thought I would throw this out there rather than start a new thread. I have a 2008 Sunsport 22V with the XTP tower. Anyone know the diameter of that tower? I want to buy a surf rack, but am unsure if it is under 2" or over 2". Any help is appreciated.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

This is a bit of a tangent, but I have an 8' tall garage door with a length of about 24', maybe 6" more. Has anyone used a trailer with a swing-away tongue, then removed the platform and board racks to fit the 2020/21 Supra SA in a 24' long garage?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeporter2000 View Post
    This is a bit of a tangent, but I have an 8' tall garage door with a length of about 24', maybe 6" more. Has anyone used a trailer with a swing-away tongue, then removed the platform and board racks to fit the 2020/21 Supra SA in a 24' long garage?
    There were a couple of posts on social media about this.

One guy was able to fit 23’10” w/o a surf pipe
    Another guy was at 24' 2" w/a surf pipe and was scraping the drywall. It was as tight as you get.

I think you have to take the racks off to fit in a 8' door. I think the manual has it listed as 7'11".
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post

Another guy was at 24' 2" w/a surf pipe and was scraping the drywall. It was as tight as you get.

I think you have to take the racks off to fit in a 8' door. I think the manual has it listed as 7'11".
    This is great, thank you. I think the surf pipe would be pushing it for me, but it's close. I'll have to get an exact measurement. Do you know if this person was using a custom trailer or just stock? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post

Does anyone know if the drawing and detail showing 7'11" height is with 15" or 18" trailer wheels? I believe the 18" wheels make the boat sit higher. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeporter2000 View Post
    Does anyone know if the drawing and detail showing 7'11" height is with 15" or 18" trailer wheels? I believe the 18" wheels make the boat sit higher. Thanks.
    I believe it’s with 15’s. Add 0.7” for 18’s

To further clarify....

225/75/15 tire is 28.3” has 2549# weight rating
    255/55/18 tire is 29” has 2271# weight rating
    255/45/18 tire is 27” has 1929# weight rating.

For an SA, I would not run the 255/45/18.

Last edited by Larry Arizona; 10-22-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    I believe it’s with 15’s. Add 0.7” for 18’s

To further clarify....

225/75/15 tire is 28.3” has 2549# weight rating
    255/55/18 tire is 29” has 2271# weight rating
    255/45/18 tire is 27” has 1929# weight rating.

For an SA, I would not run the 255/45/18.

Thank you!