Hello all. I'm writing this in hopes of saving all of you a lot of time and frustration in the chance you want to upgrade your GPS database. This all started for me when I took my boat to a different lake. The lake i've been on for the past five years just shows blue water and yellow land along with my positon. I went to another lake and WAH-LAH! Contour lines and depth lines! Something that would be extremely helpful in my difficult to navigate lake. So I called SC and my dealership and was told I needed a database update.
There's just not much help online or from my SC dealership for some reason. So here goes. First off, for the year models around mine, 2010 Launch 21V, getting to the data card slot is not super easy but not impossible. My understanding is that the newer models are much easier as they moved the slot to the back of the unit. Not sure why SC didn't think that was important in 2010. The SD card slot is on the front of the unit, lower side, in the middle and covered by the dash trim. To access it you have to get on your back and contort yourself under the helm, find the four large phillips head screws in each corner and remove those. This allows the unit to slide forward a couple of inches so you can see the card slot while sitting in the seat. My slot is orange and can easily be seen against the black trim. Just push on the card and it'll pop right out.
The Supra VISION unit is a Murphy Helm View HV1000i. FYI, Murphy has since merged with Enovation Controls (https://www.enovationcontrols.com/). The card it requires is a Navionics card. If you go to their website you'll find a few cards and good luck on nailing down the right one by their information. The chart is at https://www.navionics.com/legal/priv...licy-noticebut I didn't find it helpful or accurate. If you look under Murphy and the HV1000i you'll see the Navionics+ card listed. Not true! There's a note at the bottom of the page saying this but I'm not sure how one would know to reference that note. I mentioned that to them in my phone call, they say the chart should be redesigned to make it more user friendly. We'll see. The Supra plotter has a limited capability to read external media that limits it to no larger than 2GB in size. These cards listed use larger than 2GB (16GB) so they wont be read by the unit. You'll just get the message CARD REMOVED. After spending a long time holding with Navionics I learned that the card you need is not even made by them anymore but can be found online at Ebay, Optics Planet, etc. The correct Navionics card number is MSD/NAV+W and they are even more expensive that the current cards they produce. About $250, although I found it on Ebay for around $210. Also, FYI, according to SC the part number for the card they sell is 110293.
I hope this helps someone. I was shocked to find little if any information online on how to do something that other wise should be simple.
10ecSupra
2010 Launch 21V