Default 2002 Supra Supra Comp

Hi people, I’m in the process of a deal on this boat, I can’t seem to find out how the wake is, I’m planning to ski courses with my 13 year old, we will do the sport together.
    Everyone seems to say Nautique or Prostar I can’t find out reviews on the TS6M.
    Is it an awesome boat? For course skiing?
    350 Indmar engine

Thank you
    Carl

The Comp is a great boat for course skiing. Is it the absolute best out there? Not really when compared to the new offerings from the boat manufacturers still producing true ski boats. That being said, I have my wake dialed in on my old '86 Comp that I feel like I could only improve upon by spending way more money on a boat than I have in my boat.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    The Comp is a great boat for course skiing. Is it the absolute best out there? Not really when compared to the new offerings from the boat manufacturers still producing true ski boats. That being said, I have my wake dialed in on my old '86 Comp that I feel like I could only improve upon by spending way more money on a boat than I have in my boat.
    What isn’t great about it is it too big or too hard or has edges on it?
    I can buy a 1995 Nautique for same money but it’s just not as nice.

The 95 Nautique has a horrible ski wake like hitting a curb . When they came out with the 196 in 99 things got better for Nautique 2002 to 2008 were the best years for the 196 . In 2009 the 200 came out a real game changer but still very expensive. The comp will fall in better than the 95 but not quite as good as the 99 or newer Nautiques.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    What isn’t great about it is it too big or too hard or has edges on it?
    I can buy a 1995 Nautique for same money but it’s just not as nice.
    What Mr. Hunter said. You will get a good boat and a good wake without spending more money than needed.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thank you, the Boat is seriously beautiful looking the style etc makes those older Nautiqes look like bathtubs. the Indmar Engine is supposed to be awesome and I am super comfortable with old chevy's having restored a 55 1/2 ton with a 1968 327.
    My question is what is not great about this boat? the electronics? the stringers are not wood the transmission? there isn't much left if the wake is good and the engine is awesome and the boat is beautiful... I feel like I am missing something, why is there a Nautiqe elite club and Supra owners won't even vouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    My question is what is not great about this boat? the electronics? the stringers are not wood the transmission? there isn't much left if the wake is good and the engine is awesome and the boat is beautiful... I feel like I am missing something, why is there a Nautiqe elite club and Supra owners won't even vouch.
    Lol, nothing wrong with a 2002 Supra Comp. In later years, the Comp got a little bloated before they discontinued the model so the added weight changed the wake a tad but much better still than the 95 Nauti.
    It is a 3 event ski boat and will serve you fine. I think the rub is Supra once made the best looking and performing ski boat on the market and then decided to abandon the idea completely to chase their barge making skills.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I lake tested the boat and feel like the wake is too big for a full ski boat, I’m sort of comparing newer Nautiques 2014 and 2019 which is really not fair financially, I have to say I was nevertheless a bit disappointed, the wake is slightly better than my 2010 Glastron Fish and Ski....
    Sorry not buying it, will pay more.
    I really appreciate the information, I think maybe an older TS6M must actually be better.

Below is a link to the list of AWSA approved ski boats. The 1999-2001 Legacy's were AWSA approved, but not the 2002 as it did get bigger in size. I have a 1999 Legacy and would not trade it for anything out there. Make sure if the Supra has a wake plate, it is hydraulic so you can adjust on the fly for different speeds and line lengths.

https://www.usawaterski.org/pages/di...oatHistory.pdf
    Last edited by dndsam; 08-28-2020 at 12:05 AM.
    Doug S.
    1999 Supra Legacy

Yes the wake plate, it would not move except maybe 1mm.
    I’m pretty sure it was stuck in the down position.