Threaded View

Default New swim platform

I’m taking my background in composites (We built carbon fiber jet ski hulls for a few years and ended up selling it all) and making a new platform for my boat. I recently had mine removed by waves while docked. So what better time than now to make one.

I went after the design of the newer style boats and ran with it. I also added in 1.5” riser blocks to the lower half. I made my prototype out of MDF board, this will later be coated with duratec ez sand. It’s a polyester primer that can be sanded and buffed to a shine. Once that is done I will be taking a fiberglass mold from the top half. After that I will be removing 1/4” all the way around and then coating and polishing the lower half to take the second half of the mold. When the two parts are cured and trimmed they will fit snugly into each other and be bonded permanently. Where the riser blocks are molded in there will be 1” thick HDPE embedded in the fiberglass for the bracket screws to bite into. I may end up making a few of these as some have already asked. Stay tuned for more later in the week when my materials show up. Don’t mind the dirty shop:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brian_289; 09-07-2020 at 08:11 PM.