Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: SA or SL

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default SA or SL

    Curious for those of you that bought a 2020 or 2021 SA or SL, what were the primary reasons you chose one over the other?

    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Jump over to the Moomba forum, far more modern Supra owners over there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadwfehr View Post
    Curious for those of you that bought a 2020 or 2021 SA or SL, what were the primary reasons you chose one over the other?

    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    I have a 2019 SL. Main reason was the extra foot of length.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    105

    Default SA or SL

    The SL is a killer boat, bigger than SA with most of the added size in the cabin. The SL might have a slightly smaller bow playpen than the SA.

    The SL and SA have all subfloor ballast which brings the SA up to the SL level in that regard.

    The SA is now heavier than SL with the 1 foot less, probably surfs a little better out of the box. The SL needs a little more weight to shine, but most boats benefit from added weight.

    The SA is Supras newest design and the SL is likely the next boat in their lineup to redesign.

    Styling between the two is subjective, both fit in and 8 foot door garage.

    SA has integrated dual 12”subs, SL has dual 10”Subs.
    MSRP’s are nearly identical.

    All that said, I am ordering an SA.

    All food for thought


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Had the SL had the redesign already, I would be looking harder at the SL. My wife and I got to climb around a 2020 SA this weekend and she loved the bow space. Main cabin seemed smaller that what the perspective from pictures gave us. The extra foot on the SL is attractive as far as space. The SE is too big for us. If I don't find a 2020 SA, I may wait to see the redesign of the SL.
    2020 SA 450 in my future? We will see
    2017 Sanger V215sx. We call it Viagra because it's the little blue boat that gets everyone up (For Sale)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I love both boats. Almost bought a SA, but it sold quick. Not many used SLs were on the market when I was looking last summer.
    Then a local SL became available, so I moved on that one.
    2018 Supra SL400

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Looked at the SL and SA but just preferred the SA and was able to get a 2021 SA that we took delivery of two weeks ago. We almost always have a crew and it's the perfect size for us. Absolutely love it!
    2021 Supra SA400
    2014 Moomba Mobius (sold)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhardy3333 View Post
    Looked at the SL and SA but just preferred the SA and was able to get a 2021 SA that we took delivery of two weeks ago. We almost always have a crew and it's the perfect size for us. Absolutely love it!
    This!!! It boils down to preference, they are nearly identical boats as far as features. My only concern with the SL is highly likely a redesign next year, the SA has a few more years to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    This!!! It boils down to preference, they are nearly identical boats as far as features. My only concern with the SL is highly likely a redesign next year, the SA has a few more years to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. Since they did not update the SR this past year, I wonder if it will be SR or SL in the next redo order? I bet your right.

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    True. Since they did not update the SR this past year, I wonder if it will be SR or SL in the next redo order? I bet your right.

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    My take is there is not much you can do on the SR, apparently there is not enough real estate to make it a walk through like the rest of the Supra line and not sure it’s a big seller.

    SL is next up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •