Default 1992 Supra Spirit??

Hey, new to the site. I purchased a 1992 Supra Spirit recently and have been trying to find some information on it. From what I can tell it is a Canadian version of the sun sport? the decals have been removed but can still see Spirit in the faded gel coat

boat.jpg

Looks like a Sunsport to me . Danial you want to take this one?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Looks like a Sunsport to me . Daniel you want to take this one?
    Lol, you know it. No such thing as Canadian versions from Supra. All Supras were made in Greenback, TN and exported to Canada.

Supra made an Esprit model (entry level Comp) but never a Spirit option for Sunsport.

Private message me your HIN but that is a Sunsport by any measure.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

tThis is the "spirit" decal I am taking about
    spirit.jpg

Interesting pic. Thanks for sending the HIN. Model number says it is a Sunsport. We've discovered some interesting models from the early 90's when Supra was just trying to survive as a company after a recession and bankruptcy.

As far as this decal, never seen anything like it. It does seem similar to the Espirit or Impulse graphic font from that same time. The location of it is the only thing that doesn't make sense. It looks like it is right where the trailer guides are which should be where the wave graphic should have been.

I have scoured through my stack of brochures and magazines from this era but I'm not seeing anything that has the Sunsport Spirit.
    I'm open to know more if anyone else has an idea, but I'm at a loss. The good news is that this is a composite Sunsport and a good performer.

See link below where we discussed another interesting find and I had some posted pics from brochures.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ight=magazines

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Interesting pic. Thanks for sending the HIN. Model number says it is a Sunsport. We've discovered some interesting models from the early 90's when Supra was just trying to survive as a company after a recession and bankruptcy.

As far as this decal, never seen anything like it. It does seem similar to the Espirit or Impulse graphic font from that same time. The location of it is the only thing that doesn't make sense. It looks like it is right where the trailer guides are which should be where the wave graphic should have been.

I have scoured through my stack of brochures and magazines from this era but I'm not seeing anything that has the Sunsport Spirit.
    I'm open to know more if anyone else has an idea, but I'm at a loss. The good news is that this is a composite Sunsport and a good performer.

See link below where we discussed another interesting find and I had some posted pics from brochures.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ight=magazines
    I will post some more pictures tonight. The wave decal you talk about is actually still there and it has stripes from the bow to the back wave with "Spirit" in the middle. all this has been removed ( not by me) and only visible in the faded gel coat.