Default 1993 Supra Saltere

Have an opportunity to purchase this boat. Haven't seen it yet. Is there anything I should particularly be aware of? 351C with 600 hours.
    Thank you

Nothing stands out in particular except the 351W (will be a Windsor, not Cleveland) isn't usually as strong of a performer in the Saltare as the 454 motor option would be. However, that said, it is still a great motor and will do the job flawlessly.

600 hours, if well maintained, should provide many more years of trouble free service. Just getting broke in IMHO.

That year is all composite so no worries on floor and stringer rot.

Lots of vinyl in that boat so if it needs new upholstery, that could be a huge expense but otherwise, great hull and lots of room for the family.

Some 1993 models had issues with the curved glass delaminating so look closely at windshield upon inspection. Not much you can do to fix so hopefully this boat doesn't have that problem.

The three boats I have listed below, I bought in October, November and December. NOW is the time to shop so best of luck!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Finally figured out how to reply! Thanks so much for the input and quick response. Was told it was a Cleveland but I defer to your knowledge and experience.

Most definitely a PCM 351W unless it has a replacement engine.
    Here is some information I copied from Wikipedia.

Marinized 351

From the late 1960s through the early to mid-1990s, the 351 Windsor had a long history of being marinized by Holman Moody Marine, Redline of Lewiston, ID (now defunct), Pleasure Craft Marine (PCM), and Indmar for use in about every make of recreational boat, including; Correct Craft, Ski Supreme, Hydrodyne, MasterCraft, and Supra inboard competition ski boats. The early marinized engines were rated at 220 hp.
    Most PCM and Indmar marinized 351s were rated at 240 hp.
    In the early 1990s, a 260 hp version and a high-output version that used GT-40 heads and the Holley 4160 marine carburetor was rated at 285 hp. A few 351 GT-40/HO engines were marinized equipped with throttle-body fuel injection (TBI) and were rated at 310 hp. The marine industry's relationship with the 351W platform ended when Ford was unable or unwilling to compete with GM's production of TBI- and MPI-equipped engines in mass quantity. During that time, the recreational marine community's small-block V8 platform of choice shifted to the 350 cu in (5.7L) GM L31 (Vortec 5700) engine series.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for the additional info. I was pretty much convinced about the boat before your initial reply and you've confirmed it. I'll check the vinyl and the glass. I was a bit concerned about the performance. We slalom and I currently have a 1954 Chris Craft Holiday repowered with a 350 that's been tinkered with. It's bored . 060 over and has an RV cam, so it pulls very strong. Of course it's about 500+ lbs lighter than the Saltare. I would imagine there is much I could do with the 351 and the prop if pulling power becomes an issue.
    Thank you.

Post up some pics if you purchase it. Good luck!

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I passed on this one. Didn't realize how big a 23' boat was compared to my 20' Chris Craft. Not for navigating the boat on the water, but more launch, retrieval, etc. My wife and I are both in our 70s and these are deep boats! Not as spry as I used to be! Plus trailering; I have a Toyota Tacoma which would pull it ok, but it's not the go but the whoa I'm concerned about. Trailer was in pretty rough shape. I did learn that I have to manage my expectations. I'm coming from a boat that is in terrific condition and I'm pretty anal about it! Unless I'm prepared to spend $20 grand or more, I'm not going to get that. Eye opening experience.