Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

One thing I wanted to say here about this project. If anyone ends up having their engine rebuilt, having the rotating assembly balanced is worth every penny!! I have never seen a 5.7 run so smoothly. You could put a glass of water on top of it at idle and there wouldn’t be a ripple.

And a little update on how it runs, the V drive that never held oil for more than 5 min last summer is super quiet now. Before it would whine in reverse really loud. The rudder is nice and tight, strut bushings being replaced took the last bit of vibration out of the driveline. This is seriously a brand new 2006 boat again. I couldn’t be more happy with the outcome. If anyone goes down this road, feel free to reach out. I have seen every square inch of this boat inside and out. Hopefully one day this post helps someone else out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I just don’t think many shops know much about electrical troubleshooting these days and with all the new business it seems like they just don’t want to help. Did you ever look for a main breaker in the doghouse? Everything on your boat is protected electrically so I really don’t think you smoked anything. If you were in AZ I’d look at it for you.

I looked at the breaker box and although a few of the breakers were popped, I couldn't really tell if anything worse had come of it. Finally found a local guy here that took my boat to see what he can do. His shop has a great reputation in town. He seemed to think I may have only melted a few wires but wont know for sure till he dives into it. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    The big dealers here are only concerned with selling boats. Most of their service departments only do minor repairs and general service and if you didn't buy the boat there then forget it it. They wont even touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_289 View Post
    One thing I wanted to say here about this project. If anyone ends up having their engine rebuilt, having the rotating assembly balanced is worth every penny!! I have never seen a 5.7 run so smoothly. You could put a glass of water on top of it at idle and there wouldn’t be a ripple.

And a little update on how it runs, the V drive that never held oil for more than 5 min last summer is super quiet now. Before it would whine in reverse really loud. The rudder is nice and tight, strut bushings being replaced took the last bit of vibration out of the driveline. This is seriously a brand new 2006 boat again. I couldn’t be more happy with the outcome. If anyone goes down this road, feel free to reach out. I have seen every square inch of this boat inside and out. Hopefully one day this post helps someone else out.

Good for you! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this thread! Post some pics of her in the water sometime. Enjoy the summer!

Amazing job!

We have an 02 Launch SSV that I am trying to keep going. We have run it for the last 15 years and it has served us well. We did notice a lack of power this year for surfing. I checked compession and it is good in all cylinders. I changed the plugs and am going to replace distributor and wires. We will try a different prop in the Spring.

I wish that I had your skills in fabbing. I would love to replace our swim deck as it digs into the wave pretty badly. If you still have the mold and are looking for another project this winter, I would be very interested in buying a replica of yours.

Also, the play on our throttle/transmission housing has become dangerously loose. I saw that you rehabbed yours. Any advice to help repair this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and again, fantastic restoration!