Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    HELL YEAH, I remember this boat being advertised on Craigslist for a long time. I think it was priced in the mid teens if my memory serves me correct. Another forum member on here wanted to buy it and offered the seller $8k. I told him the seller should be giving you 8 grand after you sink it for him and split the proceeds.
    Instead of it saying HELL YEAH on the side, it would be more apropos if it said HELL NO and ultimately advised him to walk away. I said if you buy it, expect nothing but work, work and more work. It seems that prediction was correct but I never would have thought that it was a black boat from the pics I saw. Let's hope the wife did not want a blue boat.

On a positive note, what you have done is incredible and I applaud you. Learning to surf behind it has to be the icing on the cake. Great job!
    Zach find?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_289 View Post
    I offered 10 and got it for 11, then paid 1500 to ship it from FL to PA. I’ll be dumping about 4500 into it total. So I’ll have 17k in it doing 90% of the work myself. And yes learning to surf behind it was the highlight of my summer. I’m just pumped to have a “brand new boat” for next summer. I only ever had sterndrive boats before this. I could never go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Brian_289 - good for you. Nice job. Where at in PA?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    @Brian_289 - good for you. Nice job. Where at in PA?
    North east PA. Harvey’s Lake to be exact

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Zach find?
    Yessir, what gave it away?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I've never seen a valve seat that bad!!! OMG. If you still have the engine out of her can you tell me what the dimension is between the trans mounts and the same for the engine mounts side to side? What is the distance between the stringers in the engine room and in the midsection? thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cvhsquared View Post
    I've never seen a valve seat that bad!!! OMG. If you still have the engine out of her can you tell me what the dimension is between the trans mounts and the same for the engine mounts side to side? What is the distance between the stringers in the engine room and in the midsection? thanks Chris
    Believe it or not those seats cleaned up! I walked into the machine shop with the heads disassembled and bead blasted. He cut them on the spot for 150 bucks and gave me freshly ground used valves. Needless to say that man has my engine now to rebuild the bottom end. The boat is at a detail shop now being buffed inside and out and getting ceramic pro installed. Once it’s back I can measure for you. I can’t measure the trans mounts, I had to cut them to get on the bolts that go in the trans. I got a used set being powder coated now. I still need a set of engine mounts if anyone has a set?

Thanks. Good luck with the project. Great work so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by cvhsquared View Post
    Thanks. Good luck with the project. Great work so far!!
    I’m finally at a stand still on this one. Waiting on other people now!

I posted these in my v drive rebuild post, but I figured I’d throw them here as well. Transmission should be going together next week. The hull is being buffed as we speak and the ceramic coat will be applied over the weekend. I’m letting him keep it for a few days after to put outside for all the people that told him he would never get that finish to come back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_289 View Post

I posted these in my v drive rebuild post, but I figured I’d throw them here as well. Transmission should be going together next week. The hull is being buffed as we speak and the ceramic coat will be applied over the weekend. I’m letting him keep it for a few days after to put outside for all the people that told him he would never get that finish to come back to life.

Looks awesome.