Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Made it as far as I could. Now I wait on parts. I’d love to be setting this all back in the boat by next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been really fun to watch the progress. Looks like you should have it all done well before this summer.

Nice thread. Really cool when I looked back on your first posts and the condition.

Are you redoing the floor carpet or getting something else put in?
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 01-20-2021 at 12:59 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Just catching up...very nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Nice thread. Really cool when I looked back on your first posts and the condition.

Are you redoing the floor carpet or getting something else put in?
    I’m using this fake seadeck for the flooring. I used it on a swim platform I made and I’m happy with it. If it doesn’t hold up and I have to redo it, it was cheap enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    This has been really fun to watch the progress. Looks like you should have it all done well before this summer.

As soon as I get these pieces for my motor mounts it can be put back in the boat. They were way too shot to reuse. I’m hoping indmar sells them without making me buy two complete mounts. The rest cleaned up and I had it all powder coated. I’d like to have it back in and hear it run before the end of February.

Just a quick update, indmar does sell pieces for the motor mounts if anyone runs across this issue. It was under 100 bucks for the threaded portion, rubber bushings and lock nuts.

try ski dim
    1986 TSM6
    1987 SALTERA

Making progress

Now it’s down to getting the mounts adjusted and driveshaft aligned to the output flange on the V drive. It was almost 70 here Friday and it dropped to 40 yesterday and today. The garage heater is out of oil and I’m too lazy to go get some. (Maybe not lazy, but depressed by the cold weather coming back) Maybe later this week if it warms up a little I’ll finish it. That one warm day really got me motivated to get this done!

Oh, can anyone point me to the trans temp sensor? I snapped a wire off of mine and would like to replace it. Neutral safety switch is easy to find, but that temp sensor seems to be a unicorn. I’ll cal the dealer as a last resort. I’m a big fan or sourcing my own parts and supporting small businesses.