Default 1987 Supra Comp TS6m Trans Cooler winterization

New to the forum here but have enjoyed reading through. I am the proud owner of a 1987 Supra Comp TS6m and have enjoyed it this summer.
    Its come time to winterize and I have a handle on everything but draining the water out of the trans cooler. I read somewhere here to disconnect the lower hose which I did but immediately trans fluid started to come out so I closed it back up. I do not see a draining bolt anywhere.
    What am I missing? Im a much better skier than mechanic so Im sure its something right in front of me or that the trans does not need to be winterized? Thanks!

IMG_1459.jpg

There are 2 water hoses going through the ends of the trans cooler . One comes from the raw water port in the bottom of the bilge area. It attaches to the trans cooler on one end the other goes from the cooler to the raw water water pump. Disconnect both water lines look inside the cooler to make sure you have not gotten any weeds of debris inside. You should only get water coming out.

What Michael said, the only hoses you really should be taking apart are hoses that have water going through them. All hoses should be of the two inch diameter variety and have hose clamps on them if that helps you.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thank you guys for getting back to me so quickly. Im attaching a picture so you all can confirm that I am about to do this properly. So on the left side of the pick you can see where the 2" waterline comes in and attaches to the inline fitting that has two smaller hoses coming off it heading to the trans. I should disconnect the smaller black hoses from the trans and let them drain out. Thanks for all of your insight.
    IMG_1471.jpg

Follow the water is what you need to do. The water pickup is to the right in your picture, just follow the two inch hose with the green stripe on it and disconnect along the way. I disconnect both above and below the trans cooler and leave them off all winter long, then following the hose from the bottom end of the trans cooler the next "stop" will be the raw water pump at the front right of the engine. From there it should be easy. In regards to plugs, you should pull and drain a total of five plugs, two on the block (one per side), one on the aft end of each exhaust manifold and the last one on the "J tube." hope that helps.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thanks for this. I understand now. Appreciate all of the help!