Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Well 2nd shakedown run ended on the boat ramp. Starter went out, so Amazon to the rescue; new marine starter came in 2 days later and now starts even quicker. Not sure how that is even possible. You so much as breathe on the key and she starts up.

3rd run was a success. Only issue was the 35 year old alternator belt came apart a quarter of a mile from the ramp. The wake on this old boat is amazing for that old of a boat and it tracks like it is on rails.

Another set back. The trailer does not have a vin that I can find anywhere on the trailer. So I went to the sheriff to start the process of getting the trailer registered as a homemade trailer. The only problem is that the officer that did an inspection said that the trailer looked manufactured and since I did not have photos to prove that it was homemade, would not issue a homemade trailer vin.

As a last resort, I contacted SMP trailers and gave them a serial number I found but they were unable to find anything. So now I am in search of a trailer in the area that I can modify to fit. I am looking at Magnum trailer that was holding a Glastron I/O. I know that I will have to clearance for the prop and tracking fins, but the price is decent and the trailer does not look too bad.