Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good try. Thanks for looking . I'd like to find the exact material. I'm going to move forward with polishing after the holidays. I'll just mask off the rubber. I have enough factory striping left from last time. Keep your eyes open for more of the 2 1/4" striping. My shop can make the letters but the striping comes 8' in pieces. and a Airglide pedo tube there really hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    Good try. Thanks for looking . I'd like to find the exact material. I'm going to move forward with polishing after the holidays. I'll just mask off the rubber. I have enough factory striping left from last time. Keep your eyes open for more of the 2 1/4" striping. My shop can make the letters but the striping comes 8' in pieces. and a Airglide pedo tube there really hard to find.
    I actually went with a derivative of SeaDek to replace mine so it matches what I'm doing on the swim platform. It's a soft material so it will not be hard and/ or plastic looking. Will see if I like, they are making mine from the original patterns as I was able to get bow and dash pads off easily. It's a modern update to an old look.

As far as striping goes, I ordered 150 feet of yellow, orange, red combined into one stripe and have leftover. I also have a set of correct size waves along with plenty of blue stripe. I also have the Supra Comp ts6m in white ready to go. I even have a set of the Kevlar SupraTrac decals and rear transom Official World Championship Tow Boat decals. Everything you see on my Comp in this thread...https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...pra-Comp/page6. is available and ready for ship.

I may have some old original pitots you can have. Would need to check my inventory.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I looked at comp pictures. You have did a assume job on that comp but I'm partial to your Rider. Hope you still have it and if not, it went to loving home. I have the letters and the wave made already. I'm interested in the striping if the finish width including the blue is about 2 1/4". I had toyed with the idea of changing the blue strip and the wave to blue reflective color of the same blue IMG_0799.JPGtone. Would you part with about34'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    I actually went with a derivative of SeaDek to replace mine so it matches what I'm doing on the swim platform. It's a soft material so it will not be hard and/ or plastic looking. Will see if I like, they are making mine from the original patterns as I was able to get bow and dash pads off easily. It's a modern update to an old look.

As far as striping goes, I ordered 150 feet of yellow, orange, red combined into one stripe and have leftover. I also have a set of correct size waves along with plenty of blue stripe. I also have the Supra Comp ts6m in white ready to go. I even have a set of the Kevlar SupraTrac decals and rear transom Official World Championship Tow Boat decals. Everything you see on my Comp in this thread...https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...pra-Comp/page6. is available and ready for ship.

I may have some old original pitots you can have. Would need to check my inventory.

Thanks for the comments. The beloved Rider is still in my possession undergoing a rotisserie restoration as I type and I will have a new thread on her since the last one was taken down years ago. I got screwed royally by Bennett's Boat Repair on the last set of stringers and so she took a back seat to other projects for the last 6 years. I have since decided to restore her once again using composite stringers even after a major fail on the top cap. She will be brought back from the dead if it's the last thing I do on this earth.

As far as Comp goes, I did my best to duplicate the original striping. I took dimensions on everything before I began the restoration. The major difference is the color blue that I used not the sizing. With my Rider, I changed the light blue to the Olympic blue as it pops much better against the red, so I ultimately went with Olympic blue on the Comp as well to match both boats. It's personal preference on a lot of this stuff and don't blame you if you keep the light blue. Avery is manufacturer on the blue I used.

Posting some pics below and description to help you better understand if this fits your needs.

Currently, the multi-stripe is in the hands of forum member NoWake in TN as he decided to make his twin Comp to mine look new again after seeing my pics. I should have plenty for you once he ships it back to me. I'd be more than welcome to ship you whatever you need.

Multi-stripe is as follows:
    1007 yellow 1/4” width
    No spacing
    1010 tangerine 1/2” width
    No spacing
    76 red 1” width

Single stripe blue is as follows:
    1016 Olympic blue 3/8 inch roll.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Here are a few pics of the Rider as an update. New thread coming soon on history and current issues along with restoration.

Same as signature pic showing boats I currently own.

Last time Mischief IV was out on the water. November 16th, 2014

Torn apart for the third time on December 1st, 2019 after sitting in the garage for 5 years

Entered the shop on October 16th, 2020 for new composite stringers.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Matching years and matching trailers on the two '83 Supras? How did you manage that?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Matching years and matching trailers on the two '83 Supras? How did you manage that?
    Luck, I guess.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242