2022 Supra SL450. Ordered
    2021 Supra SL450. Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2017 MasterCraft X10 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold
    2003 Centurion Air Warrior Sold

I have question, does this make good economic sense buying and selling a boat every year?
    Your dealer must love you but seems like an eternal lease.
    How do you manage this if I may ask?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    I have question, does this make good economic sense buying and selling a boat every year?
    Your dealer must love you but seems like an eternal lease.
    How do you manage this if I may ask?
    I will answer your question if you comment on the colours and please tell me how to download full size pics.
    2021 Supra SL450. Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Oldernotwiser View Post
    I will answer your question if you comment on the colours and please tell me how to download full size pics.
    Ok, this ought to be fun. Well, not sure that boats are same as cars but when it comes to resale value, gold vehicles usually depreciate more than any other color in the first three years. As for my taste in boats, I'm sure this gold will pop on the water, but I like red/black, red/white, red/gray or any combo thereof and also like blue/white/black together. My disfavor with gold probably stems from the fact that my grandfather always had big gold Caddies or Buicks and as cool as those cars were, seemed to be an old person color when I was young. The Corvettes and unique sports cars were always red, eye popping and more youthful in appearance.

That being said, if this boat was in my driveway, I'm not putting a vinyl wrap over it. For choices, I'd have to choose the second exterior option with more black paired with the first option for interior. I have some black interior and black shows everything and not so fun to clean after family screws it up with sunscreen lotion.

Ok, two options to make pics larger here. I use Imgur.com as I only use my iMac to post up pics. So simply open up a free account, upload pics to it, copy the BBCode for message boards and forums and paste here in a thread.
    Imgur takes just a minute for me, but then for the smartphone zombies, they swear by the app TAPATALK which allows you to do mobile uploads which are large but not as large as Imgur pics.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thank you, that was a great response. I also gravitate to other colours but the ladies of the house are in love with this. Starting to run out of new options when you change every year. As far as managing to trade in every year it depends on the math, and being in Canada also the dollar exchange.
    We do have a great relationship with our dealer. Since we started surfing in 2017 my daughter has turned pro so that helps the relationship a bit as well. No, Supra isn’t sponsoring her. (Sure open to that though, anyone at Skiers listening?) lol. We also have such short summers that we do not put on the hours our neighbours can in the south. This year our boat was sold privately and not traded in.

It depends if you want to accrue depreciation Or to tackle it each year. They are not appreciating assets. Pay now or pay later. The changes from 2018 through to 2021 have also help in the decision to order new. We have the option every year to get into other boats and Brands yet we still choose the SL. Life is short, enjoy. If you maintain it properly it’s cheaper than being miserable.
    2021 Supra SL450. Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I say good for you. I’m sure a lot of us wish we could do it that way.
    If I didn’t own two homes along with quite a few other toys, would opt for just trailering a new SL down the road myself. It’s the only modern Supra I like.
    If I’m buying brand new though, I’d have to look at all the brands as design, style and color is more important to me than having the best wake. No pros in my family. Congrats to the daughter.

Btw, your signature is gonna get super long. (Already longer than mine )

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for the chat. And Yes the SL wake is remarkable but not the only factor we look at. I spend about 30 hours a summer driving or on other boats and of course my daughter has been on most. Bang for your buck,options, reliability, handling, fit and finish it has been our choice. A few new colour options, and a little quieter would be my only wish list. Get out on all the boats and find the one you like. We do.
    2021 Supra SL450. Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold

Local dealer had a 2020 SE500 like your exterior pic #2, but the bottom color was also black. I liked it. Rode on it last summer. As we pulled into the restaurant at the marina to dock, a lot of people in other boats were pulling up and taking pictures.

Same color scheme was at the boat ramp last Monday, 2021 SE 550. Looks a lot better when the sun hits it vs sitting on the trailer. SE (vs SL) has a little more of the black color on the bow top side.

There was a 2020 SL with gold and white accents (bottom and tower) that Skiers used in some pictures. That had some fans too.

Any of the interiors I have seen look like pic #1 - less black. That would get my vote.
    2018 Supra SL400

Since I have a red/black boat now, if I was ordering something new, it would be a different color. Not sure what that would be b/c it changes.

Last summer I was tied up to a raspberry SL with white accents and tower. Cream interior. It was eye catching. All the ladies loved it. Chris has numerous people tell he they want to buy it once he sells it. He trades about every-other year.

One buddy just sold his ultra blue SL with white accents and tower. Looks like you might have had this color.

I have not seen the steel blue in person, a friend just also ordered that for a 2021 SL.
    2018 Supra SL400

I designed this a little while back... actually a 2020 and not a chance I can buy it, but it is fun to dream. These are my colors!

img.jpg
    Last edited by Launch21V; 11-12-2020 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added picture
    2008 Supra Launch 21V
    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

Weatherford TEXAS