Threaded View

Default The elusive 02 legacy ski boat on a pretty hefty hull

Hello all - Mostly just an intro here because it seems like we could use some new blood. I bought my first inboard this spring, it is a 2002 Legacy which my research on this forum informed me that it is a bit of an anomaly. For that one year, the Legacy shared a hull with the Sunsport but has a walkthrough bow instead of a playpen. Traditionally the Legacy was the open bow comp, which of course is an awesome boat as well.

53360EE7-0E25-48AE-85F4-A16245A320DD.jpg

No tower on this bad boy, but I'll likely be adding one in the next year or two depending on how my kids take to wake boarding. This year we used it mostly as a family cruiser but with some tubes and some pulling a full size ocean surfboard because that's what I have.. Next year we'll invest in some more toys.

B4F17615-4447-4CCE-AA02-FB823772652C.jpg

Bought it with 130 hours.. I know some are scared by that low number on an 18 year old boat, but honestly seems to be in great shape. Compression is good... finish is not perfect but definitely don't need to replace anything anytime soon. One major issue so far is that when I was having it winterized my dealer told me that the exhaust and pipes were severely burned due to an impeller failure at some point in the boats history.. So getting that stuff fixed was not cheap. But hoping this was the worst of the unexpected surprises. 15K on Craigslist. What do you guys think?

EBCC83E5-0125-4CE5-B619-2F3245F47428.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe