Mischief IV - WOW! That was amazing and so much appreciated. I've been digging and reading all I can in this era of boat but almost every single thing you wrote was brand new to me and I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Thanks so much. And the comment that the Santera being the "red headed "stepchild" of the 2002 line-up..Gold!

Completely agree about the tower. I'm really only interested in the New Dimensions OEM type tower at this point. I like the boat without it and we haven't even tried the fly high pylon yet. If it's not too much a pain to take on and off and if the bow straps don't reduce seating space too much, we may just rock the wake boarding old school. However - if we get really into wake boarding, I can see how the tower would be pretty useful. I have no interest in tower speakers. It seems that many inboard boater types take their sound very seriously, and that's cool, to each their own.

I do wish it came with the duel axle trailer. The single axle it came with is a beast. Very beefy and it works just fine.. But, the boat is a lot of weight for two wheels so, yeah, too bad that the Legacy that year didn't come with the duel axle standard. One other issue I didn't mention earlier is that I need to replace the master cylinder on the trailer to get the breaks to a working state again. (at least that's what the marina said). I bought it with the c-clamp modification on the tongue slider to override the break engagement, which I know is not the safest way to tow. But in my neck of the woods here in Minnesota I have a two boat launches within a mile of my house and plenty more under 10 miles away so I haven't prioritized that particular fix yet. Something I would want to do if I ever come down for the Southern Supra Reunion