Threaded View

One would assume if you have 25% more GPM, the lines would need to be 25% larger. I still think you will need to keep an eye if you see continuous water off the side of the boat.

I see what MLA is saying on the flow - but with all the variables, who knows the breaking point of a bag vs a connection pops off if you cross the line when the Out Flow Vent Pressure cannot keeping up with the In Flow Pump pressure. I do not read about many people busting bags or ports with Jabsco Pumps and the smaller 1" or 1-1/8" with 3/4" or 1" vent lines.

Timers should auto-shutoff the bags and not leave the pumps in the state of fill or empty. I did not have timers on mine, so if someone bumped the switch, I was the only person looking or would notice water shooting off the side of the boat.

On the opposite side, I noticed several times w/o ballast as we cruised down the lake and the a pump was switched to DRAIN by accident. You can hear the pump buzzing/growling when there is no water in the bags. Timers should auto-shutoff the bags and not leave the pumps in the state of fill or empty. Those bigger pumps will make a big noise difference if they were pumping water vs no water to pump.

From Wakemakers:
    Jabsco Pumps: 10.6 GPM. 1000# sack fills at 88#/min or 11.3 mins
    Talulah Pumps: 13.5 GPM. 1000# sack fills at 110#/min or 4 mins
    The GPM flow is increased by appx 25%
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 02-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400