Default Taking on a bit of water

Before I pulled the boat for the season I was getting some water in the hull.

Initially it was the drip seal letting in way to much water and after sitting a few days it would accumulate.

I still felt that I was getting to much water. Is it worth pulling the exhaust seals out to reseal those. Is that something that tends to fail over time? Any suggestions?

Boat is a 1995 supra sunsport
    Last edited by Nickgb55; 01-06-2021 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Missing info

You didn't mention what kind of boat, but the common places aside from the packing nut are the ballast system (really common for there to be a leak somewhere in the plumbing or the bags), a failing raw water pump, or the rudder packing. Less common would be things like exhaust seals, leaks from other parts of the cooling system, and thru hull fittings. Sometimes leaks can be gremlins to find, other times you'll see or hear water dripping. Hope for the latter.

Great info...I updated the post with the boat info. It is a 1995 supra sunsport so that eliminates some things.

It's an old boat that was well cared for 1 owner. I just picked it up last year so I'll be chasing odds and ends down for ever

Pull the boat out of the water fill the bilge with about 6'' of water[keep it below the starter] look for water coming out.