Default De-chroming 2013 sa250

Does anyone have a great way/connection to replace the chrome decals on a 2013 SA 350? Just bought my first Supra, and I hate chrome.... I am looking to change all of the badges and potentially the chrome rub-rail to black. So far, it looks like it would cost me upwards of $1500 to do the side decals, transom and sa350 logo's. I am grateful for any input/help ya'll can offer!!!

They now sell the decals in different colors. Yes, they are expensive.

I do not think you can remove the decals, paint them, and put them back on. I would question if they would would stick with new glue and you would need to deal with getting the old glue off the back of the letters. That process might damage them. Can't say I've read about people doing that.

I met a guy at the Dale Hollow Supra Reunion a few summers ago. His boat was the Raspberry Flake with Black Letters and a White Fx Tower. He painted the original black letters while they were on the boat. The new white letters matched the tower - Looked really nice! He worked in the automotive industry and used the same auto paint and primer they use on auto plastic bumpers. He said he took his time taping everything real good.

My only concern would be how durable they will be after painting. If you have bumpers hanging off your boat, docks, tie-ups, etc, that may cause rubs on the letters. Thus I do not know if they would or would not last.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 01-07-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Rub Rail - You might want to check Great Lakes Skipper to replace the color. I know they sell it, not sure what style they use on your boat.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/
    2018 Supra SL400

thanks guys, I really appreciate the insight!!

Quote Originally Posted by kgray View Post
    thanks guys, I really appreciate the insight!!
    If you go forward on the project, post some before and after pics. I think with chrome, the style goes in/out. Right now most brands are matching the letter color with the other accessories on the boat, like the tower or a secondary color on the hull.
    2018 Supra SL400

Just seeing this now, and I second the request for pictures! I'm not all that fond of the chrome either.