Default 07 Launch 21V not draining ballast

Hi All,

New owner of a 2007 lunch 21V. First time i've had a real wake boat (need to sell the old 1980 Ski Nautique). Had an amazing day on the water yesterday (i'm in Australia) with the kids, but the right rear ballast didn't drain when we hit the switch. We decided to keep going, and filled both tanks up anyway, then once the right one was full (probably overfull), it starting pushing water out the drain on that side, and then the pump was fine. So i'm assuming there is/was a blockage or lack of prime.

Before it drained, we could hear the pump surging a little (factory setup) and when you would put pressure on the ballast bag, the sound would change a little, but never actually pump.

Got the boat home, and there is still some water in the bag - lifted it so the drain hole was covered with water, and the pump still wont pump it out - just the sound of it surging but no water. I did notice a pinhole in the hose near the drain, but assume this wouldn't be enough to cause the issue?

From what i understand, these are pumps that don't self prime, but i don't understand that when i lift the bag and push all water to the drain end why it doesn't pump. Would it be possible for there to be a block/restriction somewhere - any ideas where. It just looks like its a bit of a challenge removing the pump and hoses, so don't want to do more than neccessary!

And yes, i understand the factory setup is a bit ordinary, and its much quicker with upgrades, however i simply can't afford these at the moment after jsut buying the boat. Maybe down the track, but would like to get this sorted as otherwise it works OK. Plus, we are not hardcore boarders, so half filling the ballast is fine, and a few extra minutes to do this doesn't worry me.

Thanks in advance

Rob

On my 06 I had to mount my drain pumps lower so they would prime. Sometimes I had to step on the bag to get them to prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk