Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Purchasing Used Boat (Need Advise)

New to the boat scene and I am looking at two boats right now and need some help.

Boat 1: 2004 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Addition, very clean boat owner stated it had around 380 hours. However is seems the gauges have been replaced (known issues with these boats) and I do not believe that the hours are correct due to this. Current owner did not replace the gauges. New interior, all thing working except ballast gauges.

Boat 2: 2006 Supra Launch 24SSv Gravity Addition, clean boat, everything working. Current owner is the second owner and purchased in 2008. Interior has also been replaced recently. Current owner stated all maintenance such as oil changes have been done by him @ 50 hours. The only downside to this boat is it has 1485 hours on it.

I know that I am placing this on a Supra forum and I expect bias, but I wanted to get some honest feedback.

Both boats have the same asking price, however I think I have more wiggle room on the Supra when it comes to negotiations.

Thanks!

Just by size alone, the 2006 24 foot Supra will have a much better wake than the 21 foot Nauti, so if you are wanting to surf would be a no brainer for me.
    No bias there, have ridden behind both, prefer the 24 SSV.

The Supra should be much more luxurious in fit and finish. Nautis are well engineered for sure but the simplicity in design lacks the luxury or comfort I'm used to Supras having.

1485 hours would be no issue for me if boat looks to be well maintained and owner has changed oil every 50 as he states. Do yourself a favor and have a compression test done on both. A 380 hour boat can have as many problems as 1485 hour boat.
    Last edited by Mischief IV; 01-28-2021 at 01:18 PM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Just by size alone, the 2006 24 foot Supra will have a much better wake than the 21 foot Nauti, so if you are wanting to surf would be a no brainer for me.
    No bias there, have ridden behind both, prefer the 24 SSV.

The Supra should be much more luxurious in fit and finish. Nautis are well engineered for sure but the simplicity in design lacks the luxury or comfort I'm used to Supras having.

1485 hours would be no issue for me if boat looks to be well maintained and owner has changed oil every 50 as he states. Do yourself a favor and have a compression test done on both. A 380 hour boat can have as many problems as 1485 hour boat.
    Mischief, Thank you for this information. I am leaning toward the Supra just based on the size. The 210 does seem small, as it would be my wife and I and three growing boys using every weekend.

You and wife 3 growing boys 3 of 4 of their friends and their parents.

The Supra will make the best wake. period. It will also absorb a lot more friends than the 210. Our 2005 easily pulled 15 teenagers on 3 tubes till they cried for mercy.

The only down side is the Supra uses the old sprinkler valve ballast pumps, which always act up and basically suck. It's an easy upgrade to reversible pumps, though.

Have a compression and leak down test done on the Supra. If it checks out, you are good to go.

21 vs 24 - that would be easy decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

In this case, I would take the Super Air Nautique 210 boat, These boats are very similar and of the same size. Super Air is designed for 10 passengers

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
    In this case, I would take the Super Air Nautique 210 boat, These boats are very similar and of the same size. Super Air is designed for 10 passengers
    Until you get 10 passengers with bags and coolers, then I'm betting you will be wishing you had a 24' boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
    How are they the same size?
    First post so I'd expect you to be smarter but you are probably spam so wondering how you equate 21 feet 2 inches to 24 feet?
    A boat with a 91" beam is not the same size as one with 102" beam.
    A boat with 10 passenger capacity is not the same size as one that can hold 16 people.
    A boat that can hold 39 gallons of gas is not the same size as one that can hold 52 gallons of gas.
    A boat that weighs 3,190 pounds is not the same size as one that weighs 3,950.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Until you get 10 passengers with bags and coolers, then I'm betting you will be wishing you had a 24' boat.
    Yes, rated for 10 people doesn't mean comfortable for 10 people. If another boat is sinking and you need to pick up a few stranded drunk girls out of the water, that's ok, but otherwise avoid the max capacity at all costs.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for all the advice. I went out last Sunday and took it (supra 24ssv)for a spin. The only issue is the starting wheel had a lot of play in it. Did not feel like a cable issue bit more like a worn out steeringwheel. I told the seller to fix that along with meeting later on this week to have a compression test done on the motor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk