Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My solution was to machine a sleeve that could be slid into the piston until it bottoms. Then, when the rod is tapped into the center of the sleeve, it expands, locking the rod and sleeve into the piston. Now the rod will move with the piston and the sensor will work.

This is the dashboard plate the mounts the controls for the plates. There are LED's that tell you how far the plates are extended (not lit for this pic). I had to install the switches inverted, so that the direction you move the switch is the direction the plates move. They were designed for trim plates, so the "up and Down" are actually boat nose direction, which is opposite the plate direction. They are designed to auto retract when the ignition is turned off.

Not as fancy as the new programable systems, but I've spent a total of only $2k for the 4 plates with sensors, new teak swim platform, and a swim ladder that auto-stowes if you forget to bring it in. So all of it for the normal cost of a teak platform alone. Now I have to go back to the reversible ballast pump upgrade on the other thread...
    Last edited by CJD; 03-01-2021 at 12:48 PM.

To close out this thread...here is a link to the final wake plate project:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...Winter-Project

Cheers