Default Difference between 2006 and 2008 21V Purchase Advise

Recently sold our 1996 Mariah, were looking for a 21V and I've located a 2006 and 2008 as possible purchases. The NADA values are far apart, the 2006 base value is $28K and the 2008 is $41K, but the asking prices are not that far apart.

Is there a big difference between the two years? I know the hull is the same so it's not adding to me. The 2006 only has 335 hrs asking $38K the 2008 has 550 asking $44K, both are clean and stock the 2006 being a bit nicer and original owner. I'm leaning towards the 2006 but I'm concerned as to why the NADA value is so low?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
    Last edited by ridefastakechances; 02-11-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Doesn’t make much sense to me either, but it’s possible that just like Kelly’s blue book for cars is sometimes just off, could be similar for NADA? In real life boats just don’t depreciate this drastically unless there was a major change. It would concern me from a resale perspective, if that factors in for you. If not, I’d go with the boat you just like better which seems to be the 2006. I would have to defer to others to talk about the differences between the years, hopefully smart folks come along. Good luck with your purchase.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

The 2006-2007-2008 should all be around the same price range. They made that boat until 2013, but I would assume the production numbers were low b/c everyone was looking for bigger surf boats.

I think the dash, gauges, and perfect pass changed around 2008. But the motors are probably the same - 325 Indmar. Same towers. Same interiors.

The decrease in supply of used wake boats boosts the prices to some crazy levels.
    44k for a 21' boat model year 2008 w/o a surf system. Hmmm. Mid-30s is probably about right, but the region of the country also matters.

Usually on mid-2000s boats they start to have rough looking vinyl interiors. Redone that could be $3-5k. Options also help bump the used prices up, redone ballast bags, pumps, modern stereos systems, revised swim platforms, new floors or covers, etc.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 02-15-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

We just purchase an 06 21V GG with 670 hours for $32k with the trailer, I’ve looked for 6 months before we found this 06.....I jumped on it for $32, they had it listed for $39,900 and we worked with the salesman prior so we got a better deal, interiors mint, and it’s all stock, it has the GG ballasts, original stereo, and tower.

I’ve been looking at private sales and decided to buy from a dealer for service issues and upgrade opportunities moving forward.

It’s our first wakeboard boat and hope to upgrade to a surf boat in the next few years..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 15 year old 21 footer selling for $32,000?

Oh my! What a world we live in.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by jrodNH013 View Post
    I’ve been looking at private sales and decided to buy from a dealer for service issues and upgrade opportunities moving forward.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good for you. Boats will break, new and old. If you cannot or do not want to work on your your boat, better to build a relationship with someone you can trust.

It's a good method to have someone looking out for a specific boat you may want in the future. I know of several boats that were traded to the dealer last year that were never advertised for sale. Sold b/c buyers were lined up.

I bought my SL connecting through my local dealer on a trade. Actually it was a private party and the paperwork and deal that went through the dealer for taxes.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 02-16-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400