Default 2012 worlds 242 VINYL

I know the skins are no longer available and I contacted Syntec who made the vinyl for that year model and they no longer make vinyl. Then i get sent to CMI. Might anyone have the skins to this boat or know where to find the correct colors/patterns. I was told by Supra main color white, Brittany blue piping, ebony and grey accents.

Here’s a pic of the colors .EA23C2CD-D88F-4AB6-976F-B5BF684DC241.jpg

Supra only sells the skins for up to 7 years with the matching vinyl.

You have skins in your hands that would allow an upholsterer to duplicate. As you say, they don’t make the exact vinyl anymore and you’ll hard pressed to find a match from another supplier.

So, there are thousands of colors to choose from in the vinyl world.
    The problem I would have if your boat is similar to mine, is not the color but the vinyl that has a pattern which is why I bought 8 new skins on year 7 before they were gone.
    I had the same issues. The seams split at the piping as it is a weak spot. I just bought myself a few years before a total re-do is necessary.

There isn’t much you can do unless you can patch that back together.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

My 2005 started splitting seams this winter, so I am having to sew new covers. The thread at the seams is what gave way, but after 16 years I thought it smart to go ahead and replace the vinyl. Even if they made the same vinyl, after 16+ years the new will not match the old. Light colors change yellowish and dark colors fade.

Of note, I have learned that Sailrite sells a thread called Tenara by Gore. It is PTFE (A Teflon derivative). This thread is impervious to sunlight and is literally going to outlast your boat. The original vinyl was sewn with polyester, which was the go-to outdoor thread for decades, but sunlight kills it in about 10 years. Nylon is strongest for upholstery, but sunlight will kill nylon in about 2 years.

Find a good marine vinyl and choose Tenara thread and you will never have to worry about split seams again.

Try https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/oe...s-choice-boats

They stock plenty of old OEM parts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk