Default Swim Platform with black padding now tracking black residue

I have a 2005 22SSV and the swim platform has black padding. It now tracks a black residue onto the rest of our upholstery which is very hard to clean. I see off-market brands who state they can resurface your platform. I'm assuming the old padding can be removed and replaced with a new padding? Wondering if I should try to tackle removing the old pad and re-pad this myself? Any experienced advice is welcome. Hoping I don't need to purchase an entire new platform.

That's why I replaced my platform this year...the rubber gets all over swim suites, feet, everywhere. I am sure you can replace the rubber, but the OEM swim platform shape interferes with building a large clean wake. If you need to go cheap, replace the rubber, but it's also a good opportunity to replace the original with a new, better design.

It’s simple to do yourself. You can get ones already templated for your swim deck from Seadek or Gatorstep. Or you can save some money and just buy a sheet but then you have to cut it. I just spent the money and bought the prefab one when I did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get some some adhesive remover (3m or acetone) and a bunch of rags. Messy job. You will be scraping it off piece-by-piece. Often many small pieces.

From the posts above, easier to buy then fab a new one.
    2018 Supra SL400

I have the black residue rub problem as well. Anyone have any pictures of either the sea deck or gator step pre fab kits on their platforms? Any strong opinions on value one way or the other?
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

I had the exact same problem when I bought my 04' in 2019. Ordered the Aqua Marine pad and it looks great. Took about 30 minutes to measure correctly, sent them the measurements and about 30 minutes to install once I got it. We all love it.
    new platform pad.jpg

That looks great, @secondsupra2004. Thanks for sharing and yours turned out awesome.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe