Default Throttle linkage

Hi, Well, I was trying to get my '86 Conbrio running but the carburetor was fouled. And yes, I made the mistake of pouring a little gas into it. And yes, the carb. caught on fire.
    The damage is limited to some mechanism that allows the throttle to move forward into gear. The throttle works with the neutral button pulled out, but will not move forward with the button in.
    There is noticeable damage to an arm on the side of the carburetor. I am guessing that it some link to the throttle.
    Would someone please send me a picture of what it is supposed to look like and help me identify what might have burned.
    Believe it or not, the boat runs fine otherwise.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tony

I would call Discount Inboard marine. They have a lot of resources for these inboard engines.

I can't really help you, except to describe what the 2 cables do...

One is a straight throttle cable to the carb or throttle body. The second is the shift cable to the tranny. The throttle lever at the driver's seat controls how the cables interact...i.e if you push the center button it holds the tranny cable in neutral, but allows the throttle cable to move normally. Otherwise, the lever actuates the tranny shift before allowing the throttle cable to move. Some (Merc's for one) have an instantaneous ignition cutout switch during shifts to prevent loads on the tranny. My Supra does not have a cutout.

It sounds like maybe one of your 2 cables got hot and is binding.