Default 2011 242 Launch wake shaper suggestions

Hello all, I have a 2011 242 Launch with upgraded bags in the back, but I am still not getting enough push for this fat guy when surfing. My hull has a step down on the sides which only gives me about 2'' for suction cups to suck to (wake shapers). Placing wake shapers above the step down keeps them above the water line. What are other 242 owners doing? I don't want to add weights because I am on a very busy lake and need to be able to drop the weight and get to another location quickly plus my bow already sits low to the water and I will get swamped.

Thanks in advance.

If you are not getting push, adding more bow weight is not going to help. If you have a 1100# bags and smaller crew, try another 500#s of lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

As for the shaper, there are companies that are making them with small suction cups.

I know some of the older Mastercraft hulls had smaller areas to mount a shaper.

Mischief IV (member on here has close to your boat - 2012) and does need have issues of mounting or falling off. I think the shaper is an Inland Curl model.

If you search for Inland Curl on here, you should find some threads about it or what other shapers others might be using using.

Last edited by MJHKnox; 01-09-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Last item about “push”, based on limited info:

It could be your riding. If you do not have you feet properly positioned on the board. This includes side/side (toes closer to the wave-side of the board) and front/back (where some do have have enough weight forward and causing a small “plowing” with the board).

It could be your board size or type. There is a difference in a $200/300 board and a $600/700 one. Fins make a difference.

Speed and Size? Even on my SL, if someone is riding 275# or more, I have to slow the boat down.

Lots of variables.

Last edited by MJHKnox; 01-09-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400