Default New Supra Owner - 2009 22SSV - Perfect Pass issues

Hello, long time boater first time Supra Owner. I have loved the Supras since the first TS6 showed up on our lake in the mid-80’s. I purchased a 2009 Launch 22SSV in January as a one owner meticulously cared for boat. My whole family is excited to have it.

Buying a boat in January in Indiana is a risk since the State is pretty much a frozen tundra, so I bought on faith. I was a little nervous when I got it on the water a couple of weeks ago. Good news, all major mechanicals checked out! Bad news, ran into two issues. I could use some guidance.

1. The ballast pumps will kick on, but not moving water. I believe this is just a priming issue. I see lots of posts on this so I will dig into the forum for this one.
    2. The bigger issue which has me concerned is that the perfect pass would not power up. I have read several posts. I know that 2007-2009 have the integrated dash with PP software integrated by Supra. I have talked to Supra and learned that the boat being over 10 years old is “out of support” (I will reserve my rant for a later time). Has anyone dug into one of these from a troubleshooting perspective? The fact that it will not power up feels more like a fuse, bad ground of a bad switch than a failed module. I noted that the center display works, but will not enter setup either. Literally, the only dash buttons that appear to work are the up and down arrows.

I would appreciate the insight from those that have gone before me. I really have combed the forum so I will apologize now if I have missed a post on this.

So, I am going to answer my own question on the perfect pass. I am going to post my finding in case anyone else runs into this. I pulled the buttons out of the dash this evening as I was troubleshooting. As it turns out, even though the perfect pass system is integrated, the wiring fairly easy to trace. The control module is mounted on the operator console bulkhead next to drivers left knee. It does not say perfect pass on it but all of the control wiring runs to it. As I was looking at the two sets of control buttons (on either side of the remote stereo controller), I realized that even though they are labeled differently, they are essentially the same part with the same plug. I swapped them as a troubleshooting measure and was able to power up the perfect pass. Obviously the buttons said the wrong things but all of the perfect pass functions worked. So, it turned out that I have a bad perfect pass switch module. Part number is 91YY6210-2B. Available on Great Lakes Skipper website for $45. The dash control module is part 91YY6210-1B. Also available. I hope this saves someone else the stress and perhaps some unnecessary cost. When I spoke to my local dealer last week, they did everything they could to talk me out of troubleshooting this. They said it was a waste of time and I might as well just install a stargazer for $2,500.

Well you quickly went from being a victim to part of the Supra Support Team. Glad you got it figured out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Hardly a victim. In re-reading my initial post, I see where it may have come across as negative. Not my intent, apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by Chamwow View Post
    . Hardly a victim. In re-reading my initial post, I see where it may have come across as negative. Not my intent, apologies!
    No apologies needed I was just having fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the post! I have the same problem with my 09 ssv. I did what you recommended and switched the modules around and discovered the module on the right was bad. I ordered the part from Great Lakes and the problem is solved! Thank You!

Thanks, mine just did this and I swapped the perfect pass wiring from behind the right controller to the info screen controller and the perfect pass fired up and operated other than the switches being backwards. Ordered a new one from Great Lakes ……thanks for the posting
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug