Default 1989 Supra Saltare Stringer Help Needed

Long story short I traded a jeep wrangler for a pretty clean 1989 supra saltare. I dont know jack about boats but I consulted with someone who does. It had 472 engine hours and a foot sized soft spot at the aft port seat. Motor sounds great and upholstery looks fantastic.

All lag bolts spin except for on one motor mount. I read on here about a guy drilling out lag bolt hole. Putting in a epoxy resin and drilling a new hole for lag bolt. I know this is not ideal but for one boating season can it work? I dont want to get stringers replaced and be out of commission for months.

Does anybody have another option? Through bolts maybe? I will listen to anything a nd everything. Thank you and be kind I'm a virgin.

Screenshot_20210418-181125_Instagram.jpgIMG_0949.jpgIMG_0948.jpgScreenshot_20210418-181125_Instagram.jpgIMG_0949.jpgIMG_0948.jpg
    Last edited by michael hunter; 04-24-2021 at 06:51 AM.

That might work if there is anything for the epoxy to adhere to. Definitely worth a try. That is a big boat to do the stringers and floor correctly it will need to have the top cap removed. BIG job but the boat has almost no value the way it is. The boat looks to be in great shape and definitely worth doing. What engine does it have 454 or 351?

I have an 89 Mariah with rotten stringers as well. I plan on drilling a couple holes along the stringers and injecting Mineax Wood Hardener into it as a "band aid" type repair to get me through the season. I know there are other marine specific products (Git Rot, CPES, etc.), but they all seem to accomplish the same thing anyway.....had a couple coupons for the minwax. Any thoughts?

I’d find the best epoxy, concrete or any other hardener that keeps that motor from moving. At this point, what do you have to lose? Just don’t screw up the tranny or the driveshaft.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by asmithcveg View Post
    I have an 89 Mariah with rotten stringers as well. I plan on drilling a couple holes along the stringers and injecting Mineax Wood Hardener into it as a "band aid" type repair to get me through the season. I know there are other marine specific products (Git Rot, CPES, etc.), but they all seem to accomplish the same thing anyway.....had a couple coupons for the minwax. Any thoughts?
    That might work if the stringers are dry ? They are usually saturated with water. As Mischiel said what do you have to loose?