Default 1985-1996 Supra T6SM Ballast System or fat Sacks

Hello everyone. My name is David. IÂ’m new to this forum and Supra Boats. I have been wakeboarding since I was three but always behind jet skis or $100k competition boats. IÂ’m looking at buying a 1989 Supra or a 1995 Supra that needs a shaft seal. I have read the wakes arenÂ’t very big since they are ski boat but some boats allow you to add fat sacks or ballast systems to them. I know the Supra has a low profile so I am curious if I can add anything to them to make the wake bigger.

Hey David,

If you are looking for wake, I would hold out for a wake boat. The hull shape on a ski boat is made to reduce wake. You can increase the wake with sacs, but it will never be anything like on a purpose designed wake boat.

If you are on a budget, try to find an early v-drive. More room. Real wake. No worries about sacs all over the floors and seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Of the two boats you show the 96 is a full composite built boat where as the 89 is a wood stringer boat . It will probably need a full stringer job unless it's already been done. As for making a wake with a comp I have to agree with the other posts you are wasting your time and money . You would be better off looking for a bigger boat built after 91.