Default Brand new perfect pass install

I got my upgraded stargazer perfect pass today and got it all installed. I haven’t had the boat on the water yet as everything is still going back together since the rebuild.

It’s the drive by wire version that does not use a servo motor any more. I inserted the wires in the plug at the engine harness, connected the ground right on the same bolt the main battery ground attaches to the engine. Battery is charged enough to start the boat.

When I power up the perfect pass, just the backlight on the screen comes on and it blinks. I do not get an audible beep from it either. I can hear a clicking inside the main processor box for the perfect pass.

I read over the manual and looked at their troubleshooting page, the only thing I’m coming up with is low voltage. I have 12.5 volts where the perfect pass positive connection is. Once I turn the key voltage drops to 9.5v across the buss bars under the dash. (If I pull the fuse for PP the voltage goes back up to 12.5) I went as far as connecting the positive for the perfect pass right to the positive buss under the dash and I still get the same thing.

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the engine running the alternator will bring the voltage up some, although 9.5 is a large drop. With the key on and engine off, what are you showing for voltage across the battery terminals? If it also drops there, then the battery charge is low. If your drop across the battery is still 12.4 or so, but the power to the PP is 9.5, then your wiring is not sufficient to handle the loads you have. Also corrosion could cause a large voltage drop across the ignition switch. You can trace the voltage loss by testing voltage ahead and behind each switch and connector until you find the restrictive wire, switch, or connector.

Remember that a perceived voltage drop could also be a bad ground, bringing the negative side up.

The beep usually doesn't happen unless you are running and moving. Mine does not beep just sitting with the engine not running.
    Last edited by CJD; 05-01-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Bad connection, I ran the power wire right to the battery and it works fine. I had to remove all the wires from the buss bars under the dash and clean and grease everything. Salt life was not good to this boat before I got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk