Default Boat Lift Cradle

I have a 2012 Supra Launch 21V and it will be kept in a cradle on a boat lift. Currently there are 2 parallel bunks and the boat may rest on some of the thru hull fittings. Does anyone have available the specs for a cradle for this boat?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those bunks look like they are for a smaller boat or pontoon. You have to spread the bunks to just clear the speed paddle and water inlets. Then, this is a rather deep "V" boat with fins, so you will have to raise your bunks from what they are in the picture so the keel clears the steel cross-brace. For boats this large you normally use 2x6's or wider bunks turned flat-wise to the boat, and preferably so the angle can be adjusted to conform to the hull.

I will measure mine, but I think you will need some hardware before you lift your boat. I do not know if lifting on 1-1/2" sides is recommended, but I would not with my boat...especially when the sides do not conform to the angle of the hull. When you think about it, you are trying to lift using the sharp edges of the 2x6's.

I will take a pic of my bunks next time I take the boat out.
    Last edited by CJD; 05-03-2021 at 11:35 AM.

You are going to want to do some modifications to that lift as the skegs, strut, prop shaft, prop and possibly rudder will all interfere with that lift as it is currently configured in your picture.

I would maybe check out this place, https://www.boatliftanddock.com/ as that is where I get all my lift parts from.

PM me if you have any further questions but you are going to want to raise the bunks off of that cradle so that you have about an inch clearance or more between the cradle and the running gear under your boat. Then set the bunk width to where your trailer bunks are and you should be all clear to go without any conflicts.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default Boat Lift Cradle

If you are taking about spacing, most people measure the trailer bunks. Easy to see how the boat sits when on the trailer.

You could also measure the clearance needed for the prop and skeg. As @jetlink noted, add some room for clearance.

Never seen Skiers post ‘standard specs’ on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 05-07-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

From a 2009 21V

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

This lift looks really very narrow for supra. Or the format of the photo makes it narrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBrown View Post
    This lift looks really very narrow for supra. Or the format of the photo makes it narrow!!
    The advice you have received is spot on!
    All I can add is to provide a “stop” to prevent boat going too far forward on the lift and thus preventing your prop shaft from striking bottom cross member at rear of lift.
    For mine I have made a mental note exactly where to stop the forward motion to prevent same.