Default 2006 22SSV De-winteriztion Noob Question (Part Identification)

Hello All,

There is a 60 day wait for de-winterization where I am from. So wanted to complete my self.

We have all hose conections all cinched and and the fluids have been changed. But for the life of me I have no idea where these two odd plug/bolt things go. They were in the winterization parts bag from the dealer after winterization.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Warm Regards,
    Shawn WalshUnknown_Supra_Part(s).jpg

I haven't seen plugs exactly like that, but if they are 3/8" pipe thread I believe they are your engine block plugs. One one each side of the block, just above the oil pan and under the exhaust manifolds. If they are smaller than 3/8" pipe, then they may go into the muffler at the bottom sides. If they are larger, they could be the manifold drain plugs...but usually those are connected together with garden hoses around the front of the engine.
    Last edited by CJD; 05-02-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Yes it looks like a plug for the engine block. Look on the sides below the exhaust manifolds or add water and look for the leak. The stud and nut is to hold the Knock sensor . Look on the engine sides for a small black sensor with a hole in the center connected to a wiring harness.

Interesting...on the later boats they mounted the knock sensor to the drain plugs! Not the way I would have done it, for obvious reasons. I bet after 15 years those boats have run many seasons with the sensors hanging free and forgotten. I would re-locate them to one of the other available holes on the block. Location is not as important as a solid contact with the block.

If the knock sensor is not securely connected it will throw a code and may affect driveability.