87 comp ts6m
Holley 4160 carb
350 chevy

Bought recently off some kid who I can tell really didn't know what he was doing, trying to put the pieces back together.

Could tell carb wasn't right from the get go so I had it rebuilt by a pro. Said someone definitely tried to rebuild before, was all wrong.

After rebuild, dropped carb back in... after sitting for a few minutes, engine will fire for a few seconds. Can keep it going for a few extra seconds with throttle, but then it dies. Can see gas dripping into front bores with key off after, won't catch again unless I let it sit for 20 mins and come back to it.

Yesterday, I took the trailer all the way down and it fired right up and idled for about a minute with no throttle. Died out, wouldn't fire back up. Out of gas, I believe... which kind of makes sense that it would run better since I suspect its way too rich.

Today I put a few gallons in and same symptoms as before, might catch for a second or two, gas dripping. Plugs wet and fouled. So much gas I can see the gasket getting wet.

Any ideas where to start?

Which, by the way, not sure I have the right base gasket. The spacer is kind of weird, looks like the gasket should be a square with 1 line down the middle, but I can't find a holley gasket that matches. I have the open square gasket. Questioning whether or not it's even the right spacer, any one have a picture of their spacer?