Default 2006 21V possible fuel pump issues?

Hello all. I have had my 21V for 11 years now. Never had any issues until recently. I know this year had vapor lock issues with the fuel pump. I am wondering if that is what I am finally experiencing. The last couple times out I had the following issues.

- Occasionally when I start to get a rider up the boat is very slow out of the hole. Sometimes there is no issue, and it takes off like normal.

- After sitting at a beach and then trying to start it would not turn over. I would then open the engine hatch for about 10 minutes, and it would crank right up and run fine.

Both of these issues have happened on below 80-degree days.

Thanks in advance. Scott
    2006 Launch 21 V

Hmmmm, I know the black scorpion motors were notorious for this and you can find all sorts of info on the Centurion crew forums. Now that being said their fuel pump was located near the engine and one of their solutions was to add a second pump to clear the vapor lock which was happening in the first pump. This all started around the 2006 an earlier models before they were tuned to run better on ethanol.

I’ve never had this problem with my 2006 24v but my fuel pump isn’t all that close the the engine so it doesn’t get hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you took the water separator off, did you pour the gas into a clear glass cup? If so, was there water in there? If so, you may have more water in your tank. It may take a couple times of dumping out the filter. Also when you replaced the filter did you fill it with gas? If you didn't, your boat isn't starting, because there is no fuel. free text to speech online
    Last edited by Budsetchloa; 05-24-2021 at 12:27 AM.

Where is your fuel pump located? I have a 06 24v with the 325 Assault and the pump is on the front starboard side of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    Where is your fuel pump located? I have a 06 24v with the 325 Assault and the pump is on the front starboard side of the engine.
    Same place. I started to crack the engine hatch, use the blower more and we finally have a gas station with ethanol free fuel. I haven't had a problem since and the boat has been running great. Thank you for all the replies!
    2006 Launch 21 V