Default Swim platform lock pins

I just got my new style brackets and mounts but they didn’t come with pins. I searched high and low and can’t find anything specific for the updated brackets. I’m about to buy a stainless nut and bolt for them, but figured I would ask here first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_289 View Post
    I just got my new style brackets and mounts but they didn’t come with pins. I searched high and low and can’t find anything specific for the updated brackets. I’m about to buy a stainless nut and bolt for them, but figured I would ask here first.

I switched out the pins a long time ago.
    Now use stainless steel bolts with lock nuts
    Much better

Some of us have to remove the platform for storage, so the pins are a necessity. Here is a supplier:

https://www.bakesonline.com/supra-mo...oaAkJgEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Some of us have to remove the platform for storage, so the pins are a necessity. Here is a supplier:

https://www.bakesonline.com/supra-mo...oaAkJgEALw_wcB
    Those fall out constantly. Nothing but trouble with them. Would not recommend.

Use a Clevis pin. More secure with a ring and still easily removed. I went bigger and drilled out bracket so less movement due to pressure from surfing.

https://nautos-usa.com/products/9101...et-of-4-pieces

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I just use the lynch pins from the hardware store.

I replaced my swim platform and no longer use those pins...but the only problem I ever had with them for the 16 years I did use them is losing them when someone else misplaced them. We had to remove the platform after every use, as the boat would not otherwise fit in storage. I am sure there are more secure ways to hold the platform on the boat, but for those of us having to remove the platform regularly, the factory pins are as good as anything else you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    I replaced my swim platform and no longer use those pins...but the only problem I ever had with them for the 16 years I did use them is losing them when someone else misplaced them. We had to remove the platform after every use, as the boat would not otherwise fit in storage. I am sure there are more secure ways to hold the platform on the boat, but for those of us having to remove the platform regularly, the factory pins are as good as anything else you can use.
    I lost two the first season. Lost one the second season. My platform sits under 6” of water once the ballast is loaded. One side would always be bouncing around after losing those pins. Luckily I had some wire on boat to secure platform and keep surfing.
    I had enough and finally made a change. It takes two seconds to pop ring out and pull Clevis pin. I haven’t had an issue since. I went ahead and made my Bimini the same way. Drilled out for larger pin, less motion on this cheap aluminum and works like a champ.
    Glad they work for you, but I don’t ever want to see them again near my boat.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Same here for platform depth...just never lost a stock pin in the water. Lost 2 when my son helped me remove the platform and he never could remember where he put them. We had to use stainless bolts that day, but the new pins came and worked another 10 years before I got rid of the OEM platform altogether. I am sure your system worked just as good...just saying the stock pins always worked for us. 15 years says a lot, without a single pin issue.
    Last edited by CJD; 06-10-2021 at 03:22 AM.