So finally I have decided its time to change my prop. I have had it repaired a number of times. Last time I had it repaired, they said it was probably about time to buy a new one.

Some questions. I have a 1984 Supra Rider. Does anyone know what the stock propeller was on that model back in 1984. I don't know if this one is original to the boat. It seems like a strange size. It is a 3 blade 14X12. the only reason I say strange is because most of the replacement props I have looked at are 13 inches in diameter. We use use the boat for all kinds of things from slalom skiing, wakeboard and actually surfing. I have always been pretty happy with the performance out of the hole and top end speed with this prop. I know there is a lot of new technology with the new props. So my questions are, do you think the 14X12 is original to the boat. Would I see better performance if I dropped down in diameter and increased the pitch with a new 3 blade prop? It would seem the larger diameter gives me more out of the hole power and the higher pitch gives more top end speed. I am temped to go with the same diameter and maybe a little higher pitch. Maybe a 14X13 or 14X14. Thoughts? I appreciate any insight. Just a little more information because you may ask. My tach isn't working right now, but when it did, max RPM would be around 4400. Speedos and never correct but when they were working correctly I could see top speed around 45 mph.

thanks
Dan