Thread: 1989 Saltare

Default 1989 Saltare

Does anyone know the original prop size that came with the PCM454 on this year and model?

My '89 Saltare had an OJ 14"x13" three blade on it when I got it. I suspect it was original.

I swapped an Acme 13"x12" three blade and RPM was too high for my preference, the 454 has plenty of torque to pull the weight I run. I switched to a 13"x13" Acme three blade and am happy with it as a good all around prop. The CNC 13"x13" has much more bite and better acceleration than the cast 14"x13". Much easier to handle around docks as it moves a lot of water at idle and has a more prominent and predictable pull in reverse than the cast prop with less surface area. Top speed may have been very slightly higher with the cast OJ, but it'll still do about 48 MPH with the CNC Acme, I think I saw 50 in perfect conditions with the cast OJ.

Thanks very much for the info. Mine has a 13x12 Acme. Haven't done any WOT runs yet to see where it is. I do know that in reverse the stern is going to pull to starboard no matter what you do with the rudder! Very difficult to manoeuver with any confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemac46 View Post
    I do know that in reverse the stern is going to pull to starboard no matter what you do with the rudder! Very difficult to manoeuver with any confidence.
    Lol, that’s to separate the men from the boys. Once you learn it, piece of cake.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242