Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default motor not starting after warm

Motor not starting after warm, could this be vapor lock. It will start and run fine after it cool's off. Is there a way to stop vapor lock from happening.
    Thank you
    Mike

More information would probably be helpful here such information like year, engine and fuel delivery method.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Same problem. I had to add a second hi pressure fuel pump because original pump is too close to the engine and the heat vaporizes the fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by bonedoc View Post
    Same problem. I had to add a second hi pressure fuel pump because original pump is too close to the engine and the heat vaporizes the fuel.
    Just curious, what year and engine do you have? Carb or fuel injection? I guess I've been lucky as my 04' hsa not had this problem. The pump is mounted on the lower back corner of the engine block.

2007 Supra Launch 22SSV 340hp Indimar

2007 Supra 22SSV 340hp Indmar

Had vapor lock a few times during the early days of my 2007.

Started running the blower during water activities and using 100% fuel (no eth). Solved the issue.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

check your ignition coil. my 05 launch would fire up and run fine. after we ran for a while and shut down to swim and hang out, if I tried to fire back up it wouldn't fire up until I opened the engine compartment for it to cool down. I chased all this stuff these guys are saying (adding secondary fuel pump, vapor lock...blah blah) I would bet its ignition related. Hope that helps and good luck. also add marine 360 with every fill up.
    Last edited by JordanCarr20; 06-16-2021 at 03:20 PM.

I am having the same issue on my 06 Sunsport 24v with the Assault 325. What motor do you have and did you replace the ignition coil yourself? If so, where did you get the coil from?
    Last edited by Phil C; 06-17-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Had vapor lock a few times during the early days of my 2007.

Started running the blower during water activities and using 100% fuel (no eth). Solved the issue.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    After getting it to start would it run rough? I was out on the water for a few hours and it was running great, parked it for an hour or so and then it wouldn't start. Got towed back, pulled it out and then it popped right off, so I put it back in the water and tried to rev it up, but it was sputtering really bad with little to no RPM change with throttle input.

2006 Supra Sunsport 24v w/325 Indmar Assault EFI